We invite everyone from our Attridge, Broadway and North Site Congregations to join us on Sunday, March 21 at 7:00 PM for our virtual congregations meeting on zoom.
We are looking for delegates to attend the Saskatchewan Conference of MB churches Assembly on Saturday, March 13. This is a free, one day, completely virtual, event from 9am-5pm. The theme for this Assembly is “Restoring Joy for the Mission.”
There will also be a town hall forum on Friday, March 12 from 7-9pm as an opportunity to hear about the national strategic plan and discuss SKMB proposals like the budget, Common Understandings and Common Covenant and the MOU with Horizon College & Seminary.
For the agenda and schedule of the weekend, please click the link below. If you would like to attend as a delegate, please contact Anna Erickson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, February 21.
Horizon College has officially moved in to their new facility next to the Attridge Site of Forest Grove Community Church! They are hosting an online fundraising event on Friday, January 29 at 6:30pm. Tickets are free! Join them for an inspiring and informative session, featuring a discussion about the future of the church in Canada with multi-denominational leaders, student testimonies and a virtual tour of their new facility! There will also be draws and prizes for live attendees. For more information and to register, use the link below.
Join us for our next Prayer Summit on January 24 at 7:00pm on Zoom. For more information and the zoom details, please use the link below.
Would you like to learn more about our new neighbours beside the Attridge Site of Forest Grove Community Church? Use the button below to watch an update video with Lead Pastor, Bruce Enns and developer, Josh Remai. There is also an information video with Josh Remai on the Grove Condos.
Here are some highlights and a highlight video from our most recent Congregations meeting.
- Ron welcomed everyone to the meeting and shared some thoughts from Ephesians 4.
- Ron led us through the minutes from the September 27 Congregations meeting and they were accepted as presented.
- Jonathan shared about the Strategic planning that council has been working on from the Council Retreat, including the SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats). We have a history of big faith!
- Kevin gave an update on Small Groups at Attridge.
- Don gave an update on the live streaming technology that was approved at the September Congregations meeting. They have purchased cameras and a new sound board for the Attridge Sanctuary.
- Brian shared how Broadway has been alternating between meeting at Attridge and on Zoom. Their meeting time also changed to afternoons.
- Nathan shared how North Site is focusing primarily on Sunday morning gatherings and being missional with their neighbours.
- Bruce introduced some of our global partners who joined for the meeting.
- Trevor and Joan shared how COVID has impacted them significantly at the Matthew Training Center through loss of revenue with rental groups and uncertainty with their next group of students that they could lose due to fear of the pandemic.
- Einer and Gierlesa shared about how their church was one of the first to have COVID including Einer and Girlesa themselves. Overtime they have been able to change the fear into hope. It was a learning experience for them as they learnt to trust the medicines and allowed the Indigenous people to take care of them. Einer organized work teams to plant crops to produce food for them and their community. They are thankful for God’s provision and security.
- Obdulio and Alina shared that there are a few people infected currently and they are learning to take proper precautions and to overcome the fear that came with that. People are struggling to make a living as the economy is down. There are many families with children and no school so there is an increased cost to get kids educated.
- Maryanne shared some of the history of when we first started supporting Trevor and Joan and Einer and Girlesa.
- We are now transitioning from supporting Einer and Girlesa and Trevor and Joan to partnering with the churches and ministries happening in both Mexico and Panama.
- The plan will be to bring these developing partnerships from both Turkey (who weren’t able to join this November Congregations meeting) and Mexico to the March Congregations meeting for approval.
- Sue shared an operations report (click here for the full report).
- Our auditors gave us a clean audit and were happy with how our financials looked.
- The Congregations approved the 2020 Financial Statements.
- Kevin introduced Amy Funk who shared a testimony by recorded video and became a member of Forest Grove Community Church (she has already been baptized). Watch video here.
- Ron opened up for others to share any testimonies of what God is doing in people’s lives.
Effective Sunday, November 29, 2020, Forest Grove Community Church will be ceasing our in-person Worship Gatherings. This includes all Worship Gatherings across all sites until January 9, 2021 at the earliest.
As a Church, we want to support the people and systems that are made vulnerable by the effects of COVID-19. We want to be part of the solution and reduce events that could spread this virus.
We believe that the Church doesn’t exist within our walls; the Church is all of us. We believe the Holy Spirit is still within all of us and will continue to work even if we don’t gather in person.
Online options will still be available, and updates for other ministries will happen through our site pastors and weekly emails.
Pastor Bruce has more information in the video below.
It is normal to feel anxious and afraid while we deal with the effects of Covid 19. It is a stressful time for everyone, and we understand the effects that it may have on an individual’s mental health. If you or someone you know is struggling, remember you do not have to go through it alone. If you need someone to pray with you or need help finding resources, please contact Delores at email@example.com or Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this video update, Lead Pastor Bruce Enns and our Council Co-Moderators, Jonathan Durance and Ron MacKay, share more about their heart to serve in this time and talk about what to expect at the upcoming Congregations meeting.
This Congregations meeting will have less decision making and more vision casting around our Strategic plan. There will also be a key focus on our Global partnerships; both our current partnerships and an environmental scan of developing partnerships. We will even have some of our Global partners join us live! To finish the meeting, we will get to hear a testimony of someone joining membership at the Attridge Congregation.