WHAT IS MOMs
Morning Out for Moms (MOMs) is a ministry of Forest Grove Community Church that provides moms of young children with a weekly morning out and an opportunity to connect with other moms.
We invite you to join us Tuesday mornings to relax, drink some coffee, eat breakfast, and enjoy some time being encouraged and inspired in your role as a mom and woman. You will get the morning to “re-fuel” while your children are cared for in a safe and loving atmosphere by excellent volunteers.
A typical schedule for a Tuesday morning looks like this:
- 9:15 – Drop off your child(ren)
- 9:20 – Breakfast Buffet (Provided*)
- 9:55 – Welcome and Speaker / Feature
- 10:55 – Table Discussion / Feature
- 11:15 – Pick up your child(ren)
*Moms are assigned one Tuesday within the semester to bring baking or breakfast items.
Each semester runs for 10 weeks and includes various speakers and features related to being a mom. Because we provide childcare, the program is by registration only and is limited to the number of childcare spots we have available.
FALL/WINTER SEMESTER 2019
We are so excited that MOMs is soon underway. Mark your calendars because registration is happening on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9th at 7:00am sharp. Because our program is completely volunteer based, we are limited to the number of childcare spaces we have available and therefore run by registration only. This fills up quickly so set your alarms and reminders now!
Dates: September 24 – December 3 (No MOMs on October 15)
Time: Every Tuesday morning from 9:15am-11:15am
Registration: Monday, September 9 @ 7:00am
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis and usually fills up within the first hour
- We are still unable to process payment online. After registering, you will need to complete payment within one week to secure your spot. This can be done at our church office in person by cash, cheque, debit, or credit or by mailing a cheque. Cheques can be made out to “FGCC”
- Registration will be open at 7:00am sharp on Monday, September 9. Unfortunately, we have limited spots and it fills up quickly so make sure to set your alarms and check back here for the link to register.
If you have any questions about the MOMs program, feel free to email Cloe Wiens.
Morning Out for Moms is a program run entirely by volunteers. We are always looking for more people to join our team of moms, students, retirees, and others that have Tuesday mornings free. If you have a heart for caring for young children or blessing busy moms with a chance to refresh & refocus, please contact us by sending an email
Childcare Workers: There are well over 100 children to care for each Tuesday morning during our program. We are always looking for more childcare workers, as this means we can allow more moms to attend.
- Commitment: Tuesdays from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (We love volunteers that can commit to the full 10 week semester, but also appreciate those that can fill in whenever they can.)
- These volunteers are assigned to an age-specific room (babies, 12-18 months; 18-24 months; 2, 3 or 4+ year olds), and work alongside several other volunteers to provide care, serve snacks, read stories, play games, etc. for the children.
Kitchen Workers: Each Tuesday we serve breakfast to the women that attend, and have a group of volunteers that prepare, serve, and clean up the meal.
- Commitment: Tuesdays from 7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
My name is Vanessa Dobson and I’ll be working with Janette coordinating childcare. My husband, Jamie, and I have been married 12 years and have four awesome kids: Ethan (8), Owen (6), Finley (4), and Margaret (2). Apart from raising the kids I also work half time as a nurse and am taking online courses to upgrade my degree. Joining the leadership team has been on my heart for a while but with how crazy and busy life is it wasn’t hard to find reasons to let someone else take charge. The past few semesters I’ve sat at a table with Laurie and seeing her passion for this program and watching the morning sessions evolve under her spirit led leadership has pushed me to step up and out in faith, trusting God to make space and time in my life and use whatever gifts He has given me for his works. I’m so thankful for the role this MOM’s program has played in my life and am excited to see what God has in store for this next semester.
My name is Heidi Stobbe and I’ve been married to Dallas for 12 years. We have four children: Elijah (8) Tyson (6) Everly (5) and Talia (2). We enjoy being outside together biking, exploring, playing sports and being with friends and family. I’ve been attending moms for five years now and it has brought so much life and growth to me. Living in community with other moms being open and honest about the tough and beautiful moments, has meant so much to me and I am so excited to be apart of something so great.