WHAT IS MOMs
MOMs is a ministry of Forest Grove Community Church that provides moms of young children with a weekly evening out and an opportunity to connect with other moms.
We invite you to join us Monday evenings to relax and enjoy some time being encouraged and inspired in your role as a mom and woman.
Each semester runs for 8 weeks and includes various speakers and elements related to being a mom. Because of Covid the program is by registration only and is limited to the number of spots we have available.
MOMs Fall 2020
Dates: Every Monday from Sept 28 – Nov 23
Location: Forest Grove Community Church – Attridge
Registration: Monday, Sept 21 @ 7:00am
We are so excited to announce that we are gathering again in person this fall! Though our program will look very different from what it did before, we know that moms are desiring more than ever a place to connect in community and to learn and grow together, and we believe we can still do that during this time.
There are a few things to note:
– We will not be providing childcare for our Monday evening gatherings. Babies under the age of 6 months are welcome to join, however there will be no nursery available and no place to warm a bottle during the evening. We will have places along the sides of the room that you can stand to rock your baby if that is needed, social distancing is required. There is one change table available in the bathroom.
– Masks are required for use when entering and exiting the building. Please put your mask on in the parking lot and wear it until you are seated in your seat. You will also need to wear a mask during any transition time (ie. going to the bathroom)
– Our bathroom has a capacity of 2 people.
– The foyer and welcome area is closed. When our program is over, we will have to exit the building. Gathering can happen in the parking lot, social distancing is required.
– Registration is on a first come, first served basis. We try our best to accommodate as many people as we can, but we need to do it safely. If you do not get in on the morning of, please put your name on our wait list.
– It is best to have your wallet ready to submit payment online during the registration process.
– If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Cloe Wiens at firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL SEMESTER 2020
Registration opens Monday, September 21st at 7:00 am.
If it is full by the time you go to register we encourage you to put your name on the wait list by emailing Cloe Wiens. There are often mom’s who need to retract their registration due to unforeseen circumstances so it’s worth it to email Cloe.
My name is Vanessa Dobson and I’ll be working with Janette coordinating childcare. My husband, Jamie, and I have been married 12 years and have four awesome kids: Ethan (8), Owen (6), Finley (4), and Margaret (2). Apart from raising the kids I also work half time as a nurse and am taking online courses to upgrade my degree. Joining the leadership team has been on my heart for a while but with how crazy and busy life is it wasn’t hard to find reasons to let someone else take charge. The past few semesters I’ve sat at a table with Laurie and seeing her passion for this program and watching the morning sessions evolve under her spirit led leadership has pushed me to step up and out in faith, trusting God to make space and time in my life and use whatever gifts He has given me for his works. I’m so thankful for the role this MOM’s program has played in my life and am excited to see what God has in store for this next semester.
My name is Heidi Stobbe and I’ve been married to Dallas for 12 years. We have four children: Elijah (8) Tyson (6) Everly (5) and Talia (2). We enjoy being outside together biking, exploring, playing sports and being with friends and family. I’ve been attending moms for five years now and it has brought so much life and growth to me. Living in community with other moms being open and honest about the tough and beautiful moments, has meant so much to me and I am so excited to be apart of something so great.