FGCC is currently accepting applications for a Financial Accountant. Applicants should have a community college/University diploma or significant experience in an accounting position, a high competency in current office and accounting software, and fit well with our staff team. Ability to learn new software and knowledge of compliance with CRA/Charities regulations would also be an asset. The successful applicant will also have a strong sense of identity with and commitment to the values and beliefs of our church.
- Receiving and depositing all donations and other income to FGCC
- Handling bill payments
- Facilitating Payroll
- Preparing monthly financial statements, and generating financial reports as requested
- Handling all disbursements by cheque or EFT payment
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Sending charitable giving receipts in February
- Formulating annual financial report for the congregation
- Responsible to file GST and PST returns as needed, as well as WCB returns and issuing T4As
- Working with the external accountant on the annual audit and filing CRA return
- Advising on processes for accounting, handling of offering, and other things related to this role
Competitive renumeration is based on our salary grid.
For a more information or to apply with a cover letter and resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FGCC is currently accepting applications for a full-time Main Office Administrative Assistant. This will be a Monday – Friday role during our regular office hours. Applicants should have high competency in current office software, ability to learn new software and apps, excellent people and communications skills and fit well with our staff team. The successful applicant will also have a strong sense of identity with and commitment to the values and beliefs of our church.
- Communication and Data-base management
- Facility booking and coordinating use for both our buildings
- Kitchen & Office Management of supplies, organization, etc.
- Administrative support for the Director of Operations, Site Pastors, and Missions Pastor including emailing, social media, and website updates, and some print/digital media work.
- Some Reception duties as needed (answering phones, emails, and in-person support)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a high performance office environment or equivalent
- Highly competent with general office procedure and computer software (current versions of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and a high aptitude for learning computer software, including the FGCC integrated database
- Ability to be a team player and take direction from a supervisor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work without supervision
- Experience with church environment through volunteer or previous work experience.
Competitive remuneration is based on our salary grid.
For a full-job description or to apply with a cover letter and resume, please email email@example.com