CARE MINISTRY ASSISTANT
FGCC is currently accepting applications for a part-time Care Ministry Assistant. This is a part-time role of approximately 18hrs. per week, and will provide support and assistance to our Director of Care. Applicants should have a cheerful and positive demeanor that connects well with people from a diversity of age groups, excellent communications skills, and fit well with our staff team. The successful applicant will also have a strong sense of identity with and commitment to the values and beliefs of our church.
- Assisting with Seniors programming as required.
- Assisting with visitation to hospitals, care homes, families in crisis, and home bound as required.
- Assisting with flower and shawl ministry.
- Assisting with the maintenance of appropriate records as led by the Director of Care.
- Receiving mentorship with funeral processes/ pre-funeral care as well as follow-up care.
- Receiving mentorship in any other areas as required from the Director of Care
- Experience in working with a diversity of age groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity for developing relationships with ministry leaders, volunteers, staff, and seniors.
- Proven ability to work in diverse ministry settings.
- Willingness to learn and grow in the ability to recruit and equip volunteer staff, multiplying the ministry through delegation and team ministry.
- Ability to be a team player and take direction from a supervisor
- Experience in handling confidential subject matter with dignity and integrity.
Renumeration is based on our salary grid and experience of the individual.
For a full job description or to apply with a cover letter and resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org