FGCC is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Financial Accountant. This position is a one-year term position, at 22 hrs per week, starting March 1, 2021.
Applicants should have a community college/University diploma or significant experience in an accounting position, a high competency in current office and accounting software, and fit well with our staff team. Ability to learn new software and knowledge of compliance with CRA/Charities regulations would also be an asset. The successful applicant will also have a strong sense of identity with and commitment to the values and beliefs of our church.
- Recording all donations and other income to FGCC
- Handling bill payments
- Facilitating Payroll
- Preparing monthly financial statements, and generating financial reports as requested
- Handling all disbursements by cheque or EFT payment
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Sending charitable giving receipts in February
- Formulating annual financial report for the congregation
- Responsible to file GST and PST returns as needed, as well as WCB returns and issuing T4As
- Working with the external accountant on the annual audit and filing CRA return
- Advising on processes for accounting, handling of offering, and other things related to this role
Competitive remuneration is based on our salary grid.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. For a more information or to apply with a cover letter and resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org