Multiplication through Multi-Site
In 2010, the Forest Grove Community Church congregation discerned that we would embrace multi-site as a strategy for ministry in Saskatoon. Multi-site means that we intend to be one church that has multiple congregations who meet in numerous locations. Our approach is that each congregation has inter-generational gathering, on-site teaching (rather than video-venue), open community, and celebration of communion and baptism. Our intent is that each congregation is significantly different than the others.
In Fall, 2010 we initiated our second congregation in the Broadway area of our city. We plan to continue to add congregations as we grow in this important multiplying ministry. We are in the process of discerning our next congregation.
Reasons We Moved to Multi-site
- Multi-site is not the the ultimate purpose – transformation in Christ is! We want to evaluate all our ministry in light of this principle.
- The multi-site model heightens creativity and innovation by giving FGCC an opportunity to extend into a diversity of places in our city, learning and speaking different kinds of languages as we go. These languages are often about simply how we communicate the timeless truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Multi-site brings together the best aspects of large churches and smaller churches.
- Multi-site enables untapped gifts and talents to emerge and be used because of the number of congregations.
- Different congregations are often made up of people not previously connected with any church.
- Multi-site has the potential to bring spiritual renewal to all FGCC congregations.
- Multi-site reminds us that we are part of a larger Kingdom mission.