Latest News from GroveMissions
As we look at I Peter 2:9 we read that we are “called out to declare praise” and to make God known among the nations. One way we are doing that is by adopting a Bible Translation project among the Parakana speakers in Brazil. With a gift of $30 a verse of scripture will be translated into this language spoken by only 1350 people in the Amazon Basin of Brazil. As they receive the scriptures they will understand more of God’s love and grace in their lives.
Families and individuals of all ages can contribute to this Bible Translation project through the Seed Company to see several books of the Bible ( 1,2 Timothy, Titus, Thessalonians, Acts ) translated for the Parakana language group.
The result of your giving is a clear and accurate translation of the Bible. This is accomplished through a rigorous six-step process in every language:
- Produce a first draft of Scripture portion after careful analysis of what the passage says.
- Perform a team check of the first draft to make sure it is clear and accurate.
- Test the new draft within the community to make sure it sounds natural and clearly communicates its intent.
- Check the quality of the draft by making a literal ‘back translation’ of the draft into English or another major language.
- Have professional translation consultants check the translation for faithfulness to the original languages.
- A final careful proofread of the translation prior to publication.