Forest Grove Community Church is looking for a part-time custodian. This could be an ideal job for a university student. This role has potential to become a full-time summer role (May – August) for the right candidate. This role is currently 12-15 hours per week and will begin in September.
3 hours Tuesday – prefer 4:30-7:30PM
3-4 hours Thursday – prefer 4:30-7:30PM
6-8 hours Saturday – flexible hours, multiple locations (will include North Site)
– Be a self-starter – able to work independently with high quality
– Have skill for custodial and event set up work, able to lift moderate weights
– Shovel snow off sidewalks if necessary
– minor maintenance as needed (e.g. Replace light bulbs, check toilets when they don’t work)
– Custodial experience is an asset
– Having own transportation also an asset
If you are interested in this role, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Site Pastor
Forest Grove Community Church is actively seeking a full-time pastor for our new, third congregation. Click here for more about the vision for this congregation. FGCC is a multi-site church currently consisting of two existing congregations (Attridge and Broadway), and this new North Site. We have one vision and mission as a church with one budget and leadership council (Board) for all sites. Each of our sites expresses (lives out) the common vision/mission in a unique way. Our first site (Attridge) has about 700 people in average Sunday attendance. Our second site (Broadway) has about 135 people in average Sunday attendance.
This site pastor role involves preaching about 60% of Sundays, leadership, discipleship, equipping and some administration. As this is a new congregation, there will be a church planting aspect to the role. The successful candidate will have spiritual maturity and health as well as proven leadership ability. The site pastor will need to fit well with the ministry DNA of Forest Grove Community Church, the Saskatchewan Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, as well as our staff and leadership team.
The successful candidate will also:
- Have a strong sense of call to pastoral ministry
- Have a minimum of 5 years full time vocational church ministry experience
- Have experience and aptitude for church planting
- Have a related ministry/theology degree (e.g. Bachelors degree in theology or pastoral ministry, graduate degree preferred)
- Have a strong Faith walking in trust and obedience to Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate a life of Dependence through prayer, Scripture reading and the filling of the Holy Spirit
- Be committed to healthy Relationships of integrity in the faith community and beyond
- Live and proclaim a Relevant faith where people see the transformation of Jesus in his/her life
- Display evidence of the leadership characteristics as outlined in Scripture, such as 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1 and model servant leadership within the church
- Have strong teaching/preaching skills
- Have strong relational, discipling and team building skills
- Value the importance of and openness to the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Value and model evangelistic humility, having a heart for those who don’t know Christ
- Value and model willingness to be open about their own faith journey, able to be transparent and vulnerable, demonstrate high self awareness
- Be competent at administration
To follow up on this opportunity, please email Dale Dirksen (click name for email)