FALL 2018 SEMESTER
Registration is now full. If you would like to be put on the wait list, please email Cloe Wiens.
WHAT IS MOMs
Morning Out for Moms (MOMs) is a ministry of Forest Grove Community Church that provides moms of young children with a weekly morning out and an opportunity to connect with other moms.
We invite you to join us Tuesday mornings to relax, drink some coffee, eat breakfast, and enjoy some time being encouraged and inspired in your role as a mom and woman. You will get the morning to “re-fuel” while your children are cared for in a safe and loving atmosphere by excellent volunteers.
A typical schedule for a Tuesday morning looks like this:
- 9:15 – Drop off your child(ren)
- 9:20 – Breakfast Buffet (Provided*)
- 9:55 – Welcome and Speaker / Feature
- 10:55 – Table Discussion / Feature
- 11:15 – Pick up your child(ren)
*Moms are assigned one Tuesday within the semester to bring baking or breakfast items.
Each semester runs for 10 weeks and includes various speakers and features related to being a mom. Because we provide childcare, the program is by registration only and is limited to the number of childcare spots we have available.
Morning Out for Moms is a program run entirely by volunteers. We are always looking for more people to join our team of moms, students, retirees, and others that have Tuesday mornings free. If you have a heart for caring for young children or blessing busy moms with a chance to refresh & refocus, please contact us by sending an email or calling the church office.
Childcare Workers: There are well over 100 children to care for each Tuesday morning during our program. We are always looking for more childcare workers, as this means we can allow more moms to attend.
- Commitment: Tuesdays from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (We love volunteers that can commit to the full 10 week semester, but also appreciate those that can fill in whenever they can.)
- These volunteers are assigned to an age-specific room (babies, 12-18 months; 18-24 months; 2, 3 or 4+ year olds), and work alongside several other volunteers to provide care, serve snacks, read stories, play games, etc. for the children.
Kitchen Workers: Each Tuesday we serve breakfast to the women that attend, and have a group of volunteers that prepare, serve, and clean up the meal.
- Commitment: Tuesdays from 7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.