GroveYouth Jr. High
Jr. High is for 7th & 8th graders happening Friday evenings from 7:30 p.m. – 10:15 p.m. from September to the end of June.
GroveYouth exists so that students can know and experience Jesus together. We want to be a community seeking to know Jesus, discovering who we are in Him, engaging in the local church, and sharing Jesus’ love with others.
We do this through providing students with the opportunity to:
- hear about Jesus and His call on their life and have an opportunity to respond
- build relationships with each other and youth leaders who are genuinely concerned about their lives
- disciple each other by sharing what God is doing in their lives with one another
Throughout the year, we have a few different types of events that help us do that:
- THE MIX: Youth nights designed for youth to bring their friends from school, sports, where ever! We want our youth to have an open door for them to bring their friends for the first time. These nights are also designed for an extended opportunity for our Sr. High students to serve as they will be the ones to prepare and deliver the games, as well as share their testimonies with the Jr. High’s.
- COFFEE & THE WORD: Every Monday morning from 7:15 – 8:15 a.m. anyone and everyone is welcome to gather at the University Heights Starbucks to begin our week in God’s word together.
- OTHER NIGHTS: On other Tuesdays and Fridays we’ll focus on knowing and experiencing Jesus together through playing games; hanging out; getting to know each other; singing, praying, and learning from the Bible together; and meeting up with our small groups (groups of 4-10 students partnered with 2 leaders all year through).
- WEEKEND RETREATS: This is youth group on the road. It’s a weekend away where our youth group can connect with God and each other. GroveYouth Jr. High has a fall retreat and a winter retreat. GroveYouth Sr. High has a grade 12 retreat called “Launch” which happens in the fall, a winter retreat, and a year end retreat.
If you have any questions about our youth program, please contact our Youth Pastor, Chandra Styles (email@example.com), our Director of Young Adult and Sr. High Ministry, Spencer Meisner (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or our Family Ministries Admin. Assistance, Cloe Wiens (email@example.com).
Check out the Upcoming Events tab for specifics on events in the near future!