GroveYouth Jr. High
Jr. High is for 7th & 8th graders happening Friday evenings from 7:30 p.m. – 10:15 p.m. from September to the end of June.
GroveYouth exists to know and experience Jesus together. We want to be a community seeking to know Jesus, discovering who we are in Him, engaging in the local church, and sharing Jesus’ love with others.
We do this through:
- an environment where everyone is welcome
- building community with each other
- having rad youth leaders
- learning about Jesus and sharing life together
Throughout the year, we have a few different types of events that help us do that:
- YOUTH NIGHTS: On Tuesdays and Fridays we’ll focus on knowing and experiencing Jesus together through playing games; hanging out; getting to know each other; singing, praying, and learning from the Bible together; and meeting up with our small groups (groups of 4-10 students partnered with 2 leaders all year through). Throughout the year we have special events focused on just hanging out or bringing new friends.
- COFFEE & THE WORD: Every Monday morning from 7:15 – 8:15 a.m. anyone and everyone is welcome to gather at the University Heights Starbucks to begin our week in God’s word together.
- WEEKEND RETREATS: This is youth group on the road. It’s a weekend away where our youth group can connect with Jesus and each other. GroveYouth Jr. High joins The Connection for their fall retreat (learn more about The Connection here). GroveYouth Sr. High has a grade 12 retreat called “Launch” which happens in the fall and a year end service retreat.
- DURING THE SUMMER: For July and August GroveYouth joins The Connection every Tuesday night from 7-9pm. This program helps kids come home from camp and connect to a spiritual community right away. To learn more about The Connection click here.
If you have any questions about our youth program, please contact our Youth Pastor, Chandra Styles (email@example.com), our Director of Young Adult and Sr. High Ministry, Spencer Meisner (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or our Family Ministries Admin. Assistance, Marley (email@example.com).
Check out the Upcoming Events tab for specifics on events in the near future!