(we currently have one Employment Opportunity)
Forest Grove Community Church is looking for an experienced full-time custodian. This role requires a minimum of 2 years experience in commercial custodial work.
Summary of duties:
- Work with other custodial staff to prioritize cleaning for our 47,000 square foot facility
- Vacuum carpet, clean glass, clean non-carpet floors
- Wash kitchen floor
- Empty garbages
- Seasonally do deep cleaning of all floors
- Check all light fixtures regularly for burnt out bulbs and replace as required.
- Check general boiler condition and operation.
- Set up rooms as requested by the church office.
- Regular recycling
- Remove snow from sidewalks and entrances as required.
- Some outside work in Summer – e.g. grass and flower bed care
- Clean and maintain boiler room on regular basis
- Inspect and repair all chairs and tables regularly.
- Clean and maintain storage rooms in safe and orderly fashion.
- Clean and maintain outbuildings in safe and orderly fashion.
- Some minor repair and painting
At this point, typical hours for this role are Sunday to Thursday, 40 hours per week. Hours can be somewhat flexible.
- Be a self-starter
- Able to work independently with high quality
- Have skill for custodial and event set up work, able to lift moderate weights
- Shovel snow off sidewalks if necessary
- Minor maintenance as needed (e.g. Replace light bulbs, check toilets when they don’t work)
- 2 years commercial custodial experience is an expectation and church experience is an asset
- Ability to fit well with our staff team, including other custodial staff
- Having own transportation also an asset
Competitive remuneration is based on the qualifications and experience of the individual and the current FGCC salary grid.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume if you are interested in this role.