(we currently have one Employment Opportunity)
Administrative Assistant – Maternity Leave
Forest Grove Community Church is inviting applications for the role of Administrative Assistant – Maternity Leave. This will be a Monday – Friday role from 9am – 4:30 pm (with a lunch break) plus some additional hours outside of these times. The role will begin November 1.
The successful applicant will be committed for the length of the maternity leave (12 – 18 months), have high competency in current technology, have good people and communications skills and fit well with our staff team. The successful applicant will also have a strong sense of identity with and commitment to the values and beliefs of our church.
- Data-base management, master calendar and communication
- Some print and graphic production work
- Facility booking and coordinating use (may include some event supervision)
- General office presence and connecting with staff
- Communication as related to the church
- Some filing and organizing of the FGCC office
- Purchasing office supplies as needed (ordered on line)
- Some reception and phone presence
- Replies to general requests that come to the church office
- 2 years experience in a high performance office environment or equivalent
- Highly competent with general office procedure and computer software
- Excellent with current versions of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- High aptitude for learning computer software
- Ability to be a team player
- Good people service skills
- Experience in a church environment is very important
- Familiarity with office phone systems
- Ability to work without supervision
Competitive remuneration is based on our salary grid.
If you are interested in a further conversation about this role, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.